1.Taking pictures___ very interesting. A. is B. are C. to be D. be
2.______ the bad news made him cry. A. Hear B. Heard C. Hearing D. Is hearing
3._____ a desert had always been a risk adventure.
A. being crossed
B. Having crossed
D. To have crossed
4.Before he came , I’d finished _______ the whole book.
A. to read
B. to have read
5. I always enjoy ____ to popular music at night.
A. to listen
C. that I can listen
D. if I can listen
6.We are considering ________ a trip around the island.
A. take b. to take C. to be taking D. taking
7.I hope you don’t mind ____ at your newspaper.
A. I look
B. my looking
C. I looking
D. my to look
8.When a man’s heart stops ______ , he dies. A. to beat B. beating C. beat D. beaten
9.I can’t help _______ he is still alive. A. thinking B. think C. to think D. thought of
10.So far as I am concerned , I prefer reading ________ .
A. than meat
B. for joy
C. instead of sleeping D to drinking
11. It goes without _______ that knowledge is important.
12. we are looking forward ______ our friends next week.
A. to see
B. to seeing
C. to be seeing
D. shall see
13.He spent a lot of money _____ books and magazines.
C. to buy
14.The silkworm is an insect worth _____.
A. to know
C. to be known
D. being known
15.She went out without ______ good-bye to us.
B. to say
D. being said
16.The curious student kept on _______ questions. A. asks B. asking C. to ask D. asked
17.He is such a strange person; there’s _____ what he’ll do next.
A. no knowing
B. not to know
C. not known
D. being unknown
18.When she heard the bad news, she burst______.
A. into crying
B. out to tears
D. out crying
19. Y ou must never cross the street without ______ the light to turn green.
A. waiting B/ to wait C. waiting for D. to wait for
20. Scientists succeed _____ protein out of old newspapers.
A. to make
B. at making
D. in making
21.I became ______ after watching too much television.
22.I felt ____ by his interest in my new invention.
A. encourage B to encourage C. was encouraged D. encouraged
23.He sat there ______ a novel. A. read B. reading C. reads D. had read
24. Don’t wake up the______ child. A. sleep B. slept C. sleeping D. s leepy
25.A proverb goes: ‘A ___ stone gathers no moss’. A. roll B. rolling C. rolled D. rolls
26.The heavy rain kept us _____ for two hours. A. wait B. waited C. waiting D. to
27.I found a dog ______ over by a car on the road. A. to run B. run C. ran D. running
28. We found the baby ____ on the floor. A. slept B. sleep C. asleep D. sleeping
29.Jack saw a woman ______ near the dog , so he walked up to her.
C. to stand
30.They got their car ____ at the garage.
A. be washed
C. being washed
D. to have been washed
31. _____ with his report , I told him to write it all over again.
B. Not being satisfied
C. Having not satisfied
32._____ our shoes in our hands , we crossed the stream.
A. To carry
33._____ my homework, I went home .
A. Having finished
C. Being finished
34.____ the door unlocked, I went in.
C. Had found
D. Have found
35.______ a careless fellow, he forget all about it. A. Is B. Be C. Being D. Was
36._____ carefully, this letter is very beautiful A. Type B. Typing C. Typed D. To typed
37.Animals can do many amazing things when properly___.
D. to train
38. Y ou must be careful when ___ on the highway.
A. you driving
B. are driving
D. you were driving
39.If _____ , I will go to the party tonight. A. invite B. inviting C. to invite D. invited
40.Thousands of products ____ from coal are now in daily use.
D. to make
41.Engines are machines ___ power or motion.
D. which producing
42.During this battle some soldiers were wounded , and some _____.
D. to miss
43Weather ____ , we will have a picnic tomorrow.
44.The vacation ____ over , the students came back to school. A. is B. are C. was D. being
45.____, we left off our work.
A. After setting the sun
B. Having set the sun
C. The sun having set
D. Being the sun set.
46.___ the painting, he gave a sigh of relief.
B. Has finished
C. Being finished
D. Having finished
47.___ the way to take, the traveller went on his journey.
B. Having told
C. Having been told
D. Have told
48.The United States has developed into a modern nation in a very short time___ with many other countries. A. compares B. comparing C. to compare D. compared
49.When you find something in your writing that needs _____ , you should mark it on the paper.
A. to be correcting
C. to correct
50.None of us objected to ____ George to the birthday party.
C. have invited
ACCCB DBBAD CBBBC BADCD ADBCB CBCDB BBAAC CCCDA BCDDC DCDDB
1. As I'll be away for at least a year, I'd appreciate ________ now and then telling me how everyone is getting along.
B. to hear
C. to be hearing
D. having heard
2. The teacher didn’t feel like ______ hem on the spot.
C. to correct
3. With the old man ________ the way, we had no trouble in ________ that cave.
A. leads, find
B. leading, finding
C. led, to find
D. was leading, found
4. I remember __________ for the job, but I forget the exact amount. A. to pay B. paying C. to have paid D. being paid
5. He was seen ___________ out.
B. to go
6. He hasn’t got used ________ in the countryside.
B. to live
C. to living
7. We don’t allow ________ in the lecture room.
A. to smoke
D. to smoking
8. I’m looking forward to __________ from you so on.
D. being heard
9. She doesn’t mind _________ at home alone though she may feel lonely. A. leave B. being left C. leaving D. to be left
10. People from all the corners came to the city, __________ it very crowded.
A. to make
B. and making
11. ________ all the time is the key to _________ progress in English.
A. Practise, making
B. To practise, making
C. Practise, make
D. To practise, make
12. Only one of these books is ____________.
A. worth to read
B. worth being read
C. worth of reading
D. worth reading
13. They knew her very we
ll. They had seen her _______ up from childhood.
C. was growing
D. to grow
14. She reached the top of the hill and stopped _________ on a big rock by the side of the path.
A. to have rested
C. to rest
15._________ a reply, he decided to write again.
A. Not receiving
B. Receiving not
C. Not having received
D. Having not received
16. European football is played in 80 countries, ________ it the popular sport in the world.
D. to make
17. One learns a language by making mistakes and __________ them.
D. to correct
18. __________ at the door before entering please.
B. To knock
19. ________ such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river. A. Having suffered B. Suffering C. To suffer D. Suffered
20. He sent me an-email, __________ to get further information. A. hoped B. hoping C. to hope D. hope
21. Tony was very unhappy for ________ to the party.
A. having not been invited
B. not having invited
C. having not invited
D. not having been invited
22. Though ________money, his parents managed to send him to university.
B. lacking of
D. lacked in
23. How about the two of us ________a walk down the garden?
A. to take
D. to be taking
24. ________is a good form of exercise for both young and old.
A. The walk
C. To walk
25. —I must apologize for ________ahead of time.
—That’s all right.
A. letting you not know
B. not letting you know
C. letting you know not
D. letting not you know
4 The real problem is knowing what to write.
5 It was annoying not being able to remember the new words.
6 Working in the open air has given you a good color.
7 The girls are all fond of dancing.
8 It made him ill drinking so much whisky.
答案: 一 、单项选择
1---5 A B B D B 6---10 C C C C D 11---15 D D A C C 16---20 A B C A B 21---25 D B C B B
3. 表语6. 主语7. 介宾8. 主语
4. 表语9. 表语
5. 表语; 主语4